In my previous post, Building a Booking System With Google Apps, I tried to use Google's UI Builder to be a front-end to saving events into a Bookings Calendar for students to book hot desks in the Berrick Saul Treehouse. I wasn't totally happy with the results... still.
Lately, I have tried a completely different, simpler approach ( with quite a few groans about icky Google Docs issues along the way ) which has a sort of spreadsheet visualisation of the bookings that have been made.
It looks and works like this.
Rather than taking apart the code in fragments, the entire spreadsheet is available here. Go take a look, from the File menu choose Make A Copy.
If you create a Calendar and change the Calendar ID in the Script Editor you might be able to get it working for you. There are setup scripts to generate a "calendar-like" spreadsheet. The perches sheet has a list of columns that you might want to alter to suit your needs. The weirdest part is the "Booking Queue" sheet, which is essentially a huge workaround.
Do let me know if you work out how to do any of this in a cleaner/better/faster way. Thanks.